Saturday, October 10, 2009

Never ending cup-O-joe


I am a huge fan of coffee, if you couldn't tell by the title of my blog. I love to go to different coffee shops and read, study and write. One thing that draws me to certain coffee shops is bottomless refills on drip coffee! I don't need a 6$ coffee that i will have to write down the name to remember how to order it the next time. Its all about the bean! I love the feeling of knowing I don't have to worry about running out of something. I know you have felt this way, working at Red Robin i know this is how high school kids feel about fries.
Have you ever put God in the context of bottomless, what about infinite, limitless or everlasting? Isaiah 9:6 "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom." I love the fact that i serve an everlasting God! There are so many "Christians" who put limits around God, they put him in there own little box. He is there when they need him, they can store him under the bed and can put a blanket over his box if they don't want him to see something. NO! That is preposterous, He is the all-knowing, all-seeing and all-encompassing GOD. Ephesians 3:20 "Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think."
I want to let the cat out of the bag here, Luke 1:37 "For nothing is impossible with God. ” I said it and you know the difference between me and alot of "Christians"? I BELIEVE it! The reasons churches and people are not seeing miracles, healings and deliverence is because they dont. God has become this ritualistic practice that we do out of habit and we have taken the power out of God. We serve the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, not the god of post-modernism and modern-age hoopla! They saw miracles because they knew God and knew what he was capable of...ANYTHING! If we want to see anything change in our society we have to get back to that, KNOWING him and BELIEVING in him!
I know in my heart we are in a revival, God is stirring up this generation and i know this is the generation that is gonna see the supernatural. People are gonna get healed, lives will be transformed and there will be deliverance. But it has to start where there is no end, Bottomless, Infinite, Everlasting to Everlasting. We need more faith, you cant do miracles without it. Where do you get it? Romans 10:17 "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."
This week, lets take God out of the box, to be honest he was never in it you just thought he was, and lets believe that God is gonna do something through us that is unbelievable, unmeasurable, and uncomprehending.

No comments:

Post a Comment