Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cup of Love



I love you...i LOVE you...I love YOU...This seems to be a pretty common saying in our society, any where from a drunk college guy-"I love you man!" To a 14 year old girl-"I love him mom and hes gonna be my babies daddy!"(daytime t.v. is out of control). Its apparent that we as a culture have lost the true translation of the affirmation of "Love".
What does it really mean to be "In Love" or "To Love"? Can you be in love with someone and then fall out of love with someone? The world defines Love in so many ways- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/love I have a hard time agreeing with any of these definitions. Why? Well, our society has done a horrible job portraying and living out what love truly is. Statistics show that almost 1 out of every 2 marriages end in divorce. Doesn't our marriage vows say "till death do us part"? Why do we have such a hard time truly loving each other? I think it because we have such a hard time loving our selves! Why do we have such a hard time loving ourselves? Because we don't know what "LOVE" is! 1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." This is our foundation, then we go into the true definition of "LOVE"- 1 Cor. 13:4-7 "Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."
In my opinion, if the world got a hold of this it would change everything. Is it gonna be easy? Absolutely not! Pastor Mark has been teaching on "If it were easy" and it really brings out that its not easy, but you know whats not easy? Divorce, growing up in a single parent home, depression, abuse, being unloved and neglected! The list goes on and on but this is what happens when people settle for temporary happiness. I have experienced this and so much more first hand that i know nobody should have to experience it.
The first step-Fall head over heals for Jesus Christ! I know that i am gonna be happy, my future wife is gonna more than happy, my kids are gonna be more than happy because i am not taking the easy way. I can say i can "LOVE" unconditionally because i "LOVE" God unconditionally! He is first, if your not happy without something, its not gonna make you happy having it. One thing God spoke to me in the last couple months-"the more uncomfortable you make yourself now, the more comfortable i will make you in the future". It might not be easy right now, but the more you push forth and put God first, the more he is gonna bless you in the future and you know what, it will be easier than if you take the easy way. God Loves you more than anything, it only makes sense we Love him more than anything!

1 comment:

  1. I do not know who you are at all, however I thought what you wrote about love is dead on. This is pretty much exactly how I feel about love. Love is not the easiest thing to do or to feel or to choose. However, God has called us to love.
    "This is my command: Love each other"- John 15:17 I think it is 17 lol.
    (Bible is not right next to me)
    My biggest difficulty is loving those I would not normally love. Those who have hurt me time and time again or who have made really stupid decisions. It is hard to love them, but showing that love could open up so many doors. We could minister, or be ministered to.
    Love creates so many open doors and wonderful talks and great times to be had.
    It is only our choice to love.

    "There is no greater love than to lay one's life down for his friend"- John 15:14 (I really don't think it's 14 I am guessing).
    But, how true this is. If only we could say that we would lay down our lives for our friends. I am not sure if I really could. I may say that I could...but when it came time...could I?

    Sorry for the mini sermon here lol. I simply can not help it, it's what He called me into. Ha, me?! odd. Still grasping this concept, even when with my jr. high students lol.

    well
    God bless my friend,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete